Lawyer & Partner, Bennett Jones LLP
Christian Gauthier advises local and international clients on mergers & acquisitions, corporate finance and securities law matters. He assists acquirers and target companies with the acquisition and sale of public and private entities (including by way of take-over bid, arrangements, amalgamations and asset transfers), IPOs, secondary public offerings of debt and equity, private placements, joint-ventures, reorganizations, restructurings and proxy battles in the energy, mining, technology, media & telecom, financial, real estate, retail and other industries.
Christian recently acted as the principal partner on the following transactions:
• Clarke’s $100.5 million sale of its truckload, less-than-truckload and freight logistics businesses to Transforce Inc.;
• OneRoof Energy Group’s $50 million cross border TSX-Venture IPO;
• Gateway Casinos & Entertainment’s $200 million high yield note offering as part of a $550 million refinancing;
• General Donlee Canada’s $113 million sale to Triumph Group, Inc.;
• Ontario Teachers Pension Plan’s sale of Nexcap to Element Financial;
• Crius Energy Trust’s $100 million cross-border TSX IPO;
• Precision Castparts’ acquisitions of (a) Aerostructure and Industrial Products from Héroux-Devtek for $300 million; and (b) Centra Industries Inc. for an undisclosed price; and
• Meridian Credit Union’s amalgamation with Desjardins Credit Union to form a credit union with $8 billion in assets under management
Christian was an adjunct professor at the Faculty of Law, University of Western Ontario, where he co-taught "The Art of the Deal" from 2010 to 2012 and an adjunct professor at the York University Faculty of Law, Osgoode Hall Law School, where he co-taught Canadian Business Associations in Osgoode’s Professional LLM program. Christian was a special lecturer in the Faculty of Law at Queen's University, where he co-taught advanced corporate law from 2008 to 2010.