Dr. Karyn's Guide To The Teen Years
Learn What Teens Think, Feel & Do & Simple Tools To Unlock A Healthier Parent & Child / Teen Relationship!
This is a book that stands alone amid other parenting guides and is firmly based on what teens actually think, feel and do. Dr. Karyn (who has listened to teens share for over 10,000 hours) explains the recent research that shows the teen brain is actually different and reveals how this difference radically affects adolescent - and parent - behaviours. Her “Parent” keys, seen below, will unlock the secrets to a happier, healthier relationship between parent & child / teen.
Just ask yourself, do you:
- Have younger children and are fearful of the “teen years”?
- Have trouble understanding or communicating with your child / teen?
- Worry your child / teen is unhappy?
- Think you are doing too much for your child / teen?
- Think your child / teen is entitled and not grateful?
- Wish your child / teen would eat healthier, spend smarter or schedule better?
- Feel guilty when you say "no"?
Then you need this resource! In this book you will learn our 6 practical tools including:
- Picture: The importance of thinking "big picture" and why parents have to understand what they are hoping to achieve with their child / teen
- Attitude: Identifying a person's overall attitude towards parenting and how one's own upbringing and family principles will shape this
- Respect: Building a healthy sense of respect and self-esteem in your child / teen
- Emotion: Understanding your child / teen's emotional brain - and your own
- Non-Verbal/Verbal Communication: 10 different communication styles and how they affect your relationship
- Teach: How to teach responsibility and develop a balanced structure that reflects your family values
Throughout the book, Dr. Karyn advises on central issues, including depression and mental illness, substance abuse, sex and sexual orientation, privacy and independence, friends and peer pressure, trouble with the law, learning styles and school choices, bullying and violence, and step-parenting. Interspersed with case studies and revealing quotes from teens, this is a book all parents should read before their child's 12th birthday.
Order today and empower yourself with the “tools” to start building a healthier parent & child / teen relationship!