Learn 3 Strategies To Build Healthy Friendships & Deal With Conflict Effectively
Dr. Karyn has worked with young people for over a decade and has seen firsthand how choosing friends can be one of the most important decisions they make. She has seen how healthy friendships can build confidence but also how unhealthy and cruel acts among “friends” can destroy a person’s confidence, motivation and purpose. Friendships have an enormous power in the life of a youth. This keynote is a close-up look at the often confusing world of friendships. Dr. Karyn begins the workshop with a 5-minute video revealing what celebrities have to say about friendships. She then turns the assembly into her popular mock "talk-show" format, pulling 4 volunteers from the audience (decided by teachers in advance) to play 4 different friends. This short but powerful skit helps students to identify with one of the different characters.
- How self-esteem is connected to the way friends treat each other
- What genuine respect really looks like
- What bullying says about a person’s self-esteem
- How to communicate effectively and respectfully during conflict
- Clues to finding a great friend
- 3 practical ways to build healthy friendships